June 1st kicked off a month long project for me as well as marked the 3 month anniversary of relaunching the Get Busy Livin’ blog with a more focused direction. I also walked over 10.5 miles around New York City with my nephew who was here in vacation. Pretty strong start to June, if I do say so myself.
Truth be told, this blog is little more than a labor of love. I knew that going in, but at the same time, I never knew how much labor it would be. I am a creative person, to an extent, but also an engineer by trade. The creative side of me wants to write, design, photograph and share it all with you through the blog. The engineer in me wants everything to be technically perfect. The perfect photo, the perfect story, down to the detail.
Trying to find that ideal place known as BALANCE.
Striking a compromise between my details driven engineering brain and my free wheeling creative side has proven to be hard work, but I am inching towards that every single day. Moving slowly from a perfectly planned out attack, complete with project plan, notes and research, to a seat-of-your-pants attack. While one might be better for business (or battle), ultimately, I have come a long ways from where I started just 3 short months ago.
In the past 3 months:
- I embarked upon and completed Epic Road Trip 2011
- I started doing contract work for customers all over the U.S.
- I completed my 1st phase of Project 333
- I have grown my brand to over 400 twitter followers
- I began playing more with HDR photography
- I have explored all over NYC
- I converted to using a MacBook Pro
- I learned to write as it comes to me, and not to force it
- I become a huge proponent of travel hacking
- I lost my uncle
- I posted 23 articles
- I had just under 6,000 visitors to my site
- I am slowly increasing my site traffic
- I launched a newsletter campaign
- I started a 31 day project in honor of my 31st birthday
Thank you for coming along with me on my journey as I have grown over the past 3 months. Been a fun ride so far, definitely looking towards the future.
3 months down, here is to another 30 (minimum).