I started this blog with great intentions. A creative outlet, a showcase for some photography, a window into my world. Everything was going swimmingly for the first 6 months of the blog…
And then life happened.
My last update came in August while we were trying to win a Marriott Beach Blogger dream vacation. Suffice to say, we didn’t win, but two of our Team Cocktail friends did! Bittersweet, yes, but glad to see some friends win. I guess that is either the next best thing to winning, or the worst thing to happen if you lost. It is a thin, grey line.
Since then, life has been a little crazy:
- Spent 7 awesome days lounging on the beach in St. Thomas
- I accepted a new NYC-based job
- I have spent 6 of the last 9 weeks in Boston, where my company has its HQ and biggest customers
- Had to learn NYC and Boston mass transit systems
- Learning the Amtrak service from NYC to Boston and back
- Spent a week (sick the entire time) in California for some great birthday parties
- Showed Juliet around Boston for her first time
I know, I know, it is no excuse. But alas, I have no better one. I have been so incredibly busy, I still have not processed the photos from our St. Thomas trip (only a few to go! I will finish them today, promise!!). But alas, there is a silver lining to all of this.
Due to the fact of not blogging for the past 3 months, I have a TON of adventures to update everyone on, complete with photos, recommendations, first time newbie guides and more! Here is a quick rundown of some upcoming post ideas:
- How We Escaped Hurricane Irene (and ended up in the islands) – Also known as our St. Thomas getaway
- The Boston Freedom Trail (and how to experience it for free)
- Fenway Park
- My foray into iPhoneography
- A Boston Must: Samuel Adams Boston Brewery
- Our First Cruise: The Buildup (and why we are excited)
- Boston: My new favorite big city
And much more to come, with plenty of photos, so stay tuned!
I will leave you today with a few photos from recent adventures
Hope to see more of you back over here in the coming months for some great updates!